Kat leads yoga teacher training programs, workshops and retreats internationally. She draws on over two decades of practice and a professional background in leadership, facilitation, teaching, communications, and also as a fitness educator, to bridge yoga philosophy with modern life. At the core of her passion is the belief that the connection of mind, body and spirit are essential for well-being and this thread remains an integral theme in her sessions.
She is grateful for the teachings and guidance she has received from esteemed leaders within a wide variety of yoga practices, and is ever inspired by the people she meets. She has been faculty with World Conscious Yoga Family since 2005 and is the co-creator of the Makata Living Yoga School, whose commitment is to make yoga teachings accessible and applicable to anyone seeking them.
Kat’s unique energy is infectious. Her facilitation and coaching styles reflect the essences of joy and keeping things real. She encourages people to live with awareness, to explore their own perceived limits in mind, body and being: through breath, mindfulness and listening to the ultimate teacher within.
- Intensive yoga retreats and studies in India and Canada, ongoing
- Intensive Pranayama study with Yogi Vishvketu, Ananda Prakash Yoga Ashram, India
- 500 hr plus Akhanda (Hatha) certified in India with Yogi Vishvketu, Chetana Panwar
- Astanga teacher training with David Swenson and Mark Darby
- Yoga Exercise Specialist training with Susie Dias, East West Yoga
- Akhanda Yoga, Pranayama, Yin Yoga, Hatha Raja, Meditation, Jivamukti, Kundalini, Anusara, Vinyasa, Restorative Yoga, Therapeutic Yoga, Prenatal Yoga.
- Advanced Leadership Forum, Landmark Education
- Fitness teacher since 1986, Canfit pro certified
- CPR certified
- Reiki Master
- EYRT200, EYRT500
- Energy Medicine with Donna Eden and David Feinstein, Ph.D.
- International Council of 13 Indigenous Grandmothers
- Yoga Lifestyle Coaching
- Chair Yoga