Workshops are a wonderful way to deepen a practice where a regular class may not be able to get into the details you’d like to explore. These are experiential, theoretical and practical in design. It’s great to take the time to experience and play with different techniques and subjects related to the rich science of Yoga.
“Great workshop! Can’t wait for the next one!” (BREATHE: Next Steps)
“Really great workshop. Very useful and good info to keep developing my own practice. I‘m really glad I came and look forward to future workshops and retreats!” (BREATHE: Foundations)
“Great! Very informative and fun like always!” (Fully Loaded: the Power of Sun Salutations)
Yin + Restorative Yoga Immersion: 30 hour training
Thursday, April 6 – Sunday, April 9, 2017
Prepare to go deep! This 4 day intensive experience of yin and restorative yoga is the perfect platform from which to dive into these popular styles of yoga. With a special focus on the nervous system and using yin and restorative yoga as tools for stress relief and pain management, this training will provide big insights into where yoga fits in our fast-paced modern world.
Through experiential learning and guided discussion, we will explore:
- the physical and energetic bodies,
- breath work,
- Ayurvedic principles.
This training is for dedicated yoga students looking to deepen their practice, as well as yoga teachers wishing to incorporate yin or a blended yin/restorative style of yoga into their offerings. Students who complete the training will receive a yin yoga teacher training certificate. This training also counts as 32 contact hours towards Yoga Alliance Continuing Education requirements.
Your stay: Participants will share a cozy, simple farmhouse with its four bedrooms, kitchen, livingroom and full bathroom. The farmhouse’s well-equipped kitchen will be stocked with essentials for self-serve breakfast and lunch. A simple vegetarian evening meal will be prepared for the group to enjoy together. Participants are welcome to bring food and supplement as needed.
Arrival & departure: Participants should aim to arrive between 6:00-6:30pm on Thursday, April 6 to get settled in. Course begins at 7pm. Departure will be after lunch on Sunday, April 9, around 2pm.
Early bird rate: $625 on or before March 1, 2017
Regular rate: $675 after March 1, 2017
Location: Laurentians, QC (~2 hours from downtown Ottawa)
This training has 8 places available.
Teaching Breathe Classes – A Pranayama Immersion
Teaching Breathe Classes is a specialized course that was designed, developed and delivered in response to specific requests from Yoga teachers interested in bringing more breath work into their teachings and own personal practice. Feedback received from this course last year was excellent, with folks finding it really beneficial to their own practices and teaching.
This course is designed for Yoga teachers. If you have not taken the Breathe Foundations Workshop then a fundamental understanding of the following Pranayama techniques is required; Abdominal breath, Dirga (3-part breath), Alternate Nostril, Brahmari, Ujjai, Kapalbhatti Kriya.
- practice and teach the basic breathing techniques safely
- teach the bandhas and how they work with the breath
- discuss what to look for and tips when working with clients and the breath
- learn how to use pranayama and mindfulness techniques in your practice and teachings
- explore the energetics of prana and the pranamaya kosha
- understand practical sequencing and rationale behind creating a "Breathe" Class
- facilitated workshops throughout the weekend
- Breathe classes and supported pranayama practice throughout the weekend
- tips and notes about the different techniques
- participant manual, handouts and sequencing suggestions
- time for specific questions that you encounter in class and with clients
- suggested and supported daily self-practice of pranayama following weekend
- personalized, follow-up coaching call with Kat
- certificate of participation in the course
May 26(7pm) - 28th(2pm), Laurentians, QC
$425 ($395 if reserved by March 12)
Includes full course, materials, stay, basic meals, certificate and a private follow up coaching call.
Contact Kat (firstname.lastname@example.org)